Thanks to the generosity of my parents, I’ll be flying home to see them for the first time in 2.5 years on Thursday. Without my husband. Or kids.
You may now take a moment to be jealous.
As the day quickly approaches I’ve begun compiling a list of things I will be doing while hanging out with my folks and twin sister in the small California beach town where I grew up. This is what I got so far.
2. Eat enough Mexican food to put me into a cilantro-induced coma. Twice.
3. Sit on the couch.
4. Lie down on the couch.
5. Watch TV shows which aren’t animated or have cutesy songs.
6. Poop by myself.
8. Write in silence.
9. Read in silence.
10. Shower for as long as I want.
11. Walk around barefoot without fear of stepping in pee.
12. Take the time to do my hair and make-up.
13. Have adult conversations.
14. Laugh a lot.
16. Drive around with my Sissie with the radio turned up super loud while singing off-key.
17. Have I mentioned sleep?
18. Quietly contemplate where I wanna be writing-wise in the next year,
20. Miss my husband and kids.